An Interactive application for displaying and editing the geologic cross sections.
XSectionFinding, characterizing and exploiting new and existing subsurface trends are increasingly complex. To overcome these hurdles, we have strived continually to innovate the way we work; with the inception of the XSection application software.
The XSection application is ideal for creating, editing, and printing of geological cross sections. It is a powerful tool that aids the geoscientists to define stratigraphic and structural cross sections by integrating different well datasets from multiple GeoGraphix applications.
XSection is highly customizable when working with log and cross section templates and combines a state-of-the-art user interface that enables the user to perform sophisticated analyses of the dynamic subsurface trends of complex geologic systems in a fast and intuitive, processed-focused workflow.
Integration with GeoGraphix applications
Effectively define and analyze the cross sections in a smooth and steady environment using data from WellBase, GVERSE Petrophysics, ZoneManager, IsoMap and GVERSE Geophysics.
Edit Multiple Horizons/Faults
Graphically edit formation and fault picks that are saved as data, which can be used to define consistent inter-well structural and stratigraphic interpretation for the project.
XSection has a robust displaying capacity that allows the user to display:
- Much larger cross sections, allowing you to work with basin wide sequence stratigraphic interpretations
- Logs with vector log data and raster images on the same cross section.
- Faults and IsoMap layers on the section.
- Deviated wells and logs with measured depth (MD) or true vertical depth (TVD).
- A "type" vector or raster log curve and use it to graphically correlate formation tops in other wells.
- Variety of data in well headers/footers.
- DST and Core data from the WellBase data files.
- Customizable lithology area fills and patterns.
- Index map layers showing the location of the cross section in GeoAtlas.
Identify, annotate and/or explain features on the cross section to enhance the understanding of the overall picture. XSection uses:
- Rectangle and Polygons to display intra-formational lithology, oil legs, etc.
- Arrows to point to features within the wellbore.
- Text for notations, legends, etc.
- Pictures to add core photographs, index title blocks, spreadsheets, etc.
XSection can integrate many types of data including log data, point data, seismic and image files, and supports common formats such as LAS/LBS. In addition you can print the cross section directly from XSection or by exporting as a metafile for display on a montage in GeoAtlas.
Create effective correspondences between all the references of your well, such as Measured Depth (MD), True Vertical Depth (TVD) for a better understanding of the deviation survey data.
A comprehensive set of visualization and analysis tool for any kind of oriented data. That helps:
- Extract and visualize subsurface orientations directly from the cross sections, core images and log files
- Analyze surface gradients
- Graphically edit/ fine tune the formations and fault picks from the point clouds in cross sections
- Perform fault, stratigraphic, and structural analysis in large and complex datasets
Easy to Use Interface
XSection allows the user to display any variable present in cross section. The actions available in the dynamic toolbar are classified by type and depends on the object you select. The toolbar and the mouse mode provide you with multiple actions.
- 2.4GHz 64-bit Intel class or better
- 8GB RAM
- 1,024 x 768 graphics resolution
- CD-ROM drive
- 19-inch monitor
- DirectX 11 capable hardware
- Quad 2.4 GHz 64-bit Intel class or better
- 16 GB RAM or greater
- NVIDIA GeForce or Quadro - 2GB video RAM
- DVD-RW drive
- Dual 21+-inch monitors
- Microsoft® .NET 4.5
- Microsoft DirectX 11
- The LMKR License Management Tool (LMT) must be installed to configure GeoGraphix product licenses
- Microsoft DirectX End-User Runtime (June 2010)
- Adobe Reader for selected help files (optional)
- Windows® 7 Professional x64
- Windows® 7 Enterprise x64
- Windows® 7 Ultimate x64
- Windows® 10 Professional x64
- Windows® 10 Enterprise x64
Note: Refer to the LMKR Customer Support Portal (http://support.lmkr.com/) for up-to-date information on the requirements.